The transported will not be responsible for any damage not resulting from transporter negligence.
1. The customer verifies that their vehicle is free of contents. 2. No delivery time is guaranteed. All delivery dates and times are only estimates of normal deliveries, (delays may occur). Transporter does not agree to transport shipment in time for any particular market or event and will not be responsible for loss or damages occasioned by unavoidable delay. There are absolutely no guarantees made, expressed or implied, regarding delivery times and dates.
3. No auto rental will be honored (for delays, damage or accidents, or any weather related delays.
4. The transported will not be responsible for damage caused by leaking fluids (battery acids, brake systems, cooling systems, antifree solutions) industrial fallout and acts of God.
5. The transported will not be responsible for damage caused by freezing of engine, cooling system, and/or batteries.
6. The transporter will not be responsible for damage that results to the vehicle from tie downs breaking or tearing.
7. The customer is responsible for preparing the vehicle for transport. All loose parts, fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, etc., must be removed and properly secured. Part of the vehicle that falls off during transport is the customer’s responsibility, including damages caused by said part of any and all other vehicles involved.
8. The customer is responsible for completely disarming any alarm system installed in the vehicle. The customer must provide keys to any alarm system. If the car alarm goes off, the transporter is required to silence the alarm by any means the transporter or transport driver deems reasonable and effective.
9. The transported will not be responsible for any mechanical function damage to include engine, transmission, rear end, motor mounts, drive trains, wiring system, cooling systems, window motors, radios, stereo systems, power steering, air bag, brake cable or brake system, clutch cable or clutch, engine tuning, vehicle computerized systems, alarm systems, any switch, alignment or suspension etc. (anything that is mechanical or electrical)
10. The transporter will not be responsible for any exhaust system, muffler, or tail pipes. No Exceptions.
11. The transporter will not be responsible for convertible tops that are loose, torn, or have visible wear. The transporter will not be responsible for vehicle boots, caps, masks, bras, or any other type of canvas or material covering. No Exceptions.
12. The vehicle owner or the customer shall, in their absence, designate a person to act as their agent at the point of pick up and/or delivery, if for any reason they are unavailable.
13. The transporter will inform the customer prior to delivery. It is the customer’s responsibility to have the full payment when the transporter’s driver arrives. In order to affect pick up and delivery the customer agrees to meet the transporter’s driver at any specified time and place. No exceptions.
14. All payments for transport must be in the form of cash or a cashier’s check. The customer agrees that if the payment cannot be made by cash or cashier’s check, the vehicle will be stored at the customer’s expense. Should the customer be unable to accept delivery for any reason, the vehicle will be placed in storage. Any and all storage and/or delivery charges will be the responsibility of the customer.
15. The customer agrees that should this vehicle become inoperative for any reason during the transport, a charge of $100 will be added to the transport charges and will be collected at the time of vehicle delivery. This charge must be paid in cash or by cashier’s check. No exceptions.
16. There will be a fee of $50 if the vehicle requires a jump start.
17. All claims will be settled at actual cost.
18. The customer agrees that this is the only contract between the parties governing this transport and no other agreement or contract is in effect. No claims or legal action of any kind may be initiated against transporter’s agent(s) or the transport broker (if any). Claims for damage must be made to the transporter.
19. Exceptions for damage must be noted on the bill of lading at the time of delivery, a claim for damage not documented on Bill of Lading will not be honored. All claims must be made in writing within 24 hours of delivery with a statement of specific damages claimed. All claim, subrogation, litigation, or legal action must have right of venue in the state of Florida, city of Jacksonville, in the municipal court.
If any provision or part of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all other parts of this agreement remain in effect.